DanCampbell

Aztek air brush

Hello,

I am attempting to choose an air brush and after doing some research on the Aztek I thought I would post this thread and see if I could get some more information from people who actually use it for lures.

It seems like a beginners tool that could obtain pro results from what I have read, I just don't know if I should get it or save my money and get something else.

Would you guys please chime in and give the what you think are the pros and cons?

Thanks

Dan

dan i would stay away from aztec brushes and save for a better brush.

i have been airbrushing for years in and out of body shops :eek:

i would try master model g43 has a 2mm needle will do a fine line spray coast about 60 bucks:yay:

paasche talon 38mm tip also does a nice job, about 90 bucks:yay:

paasche millennium 60 bucks:yay:

iwata revolution cr 0.3 to 0.5 mm needle about 75 bucks:yay:

just some of the lower end brushes i use all good and under 100 bucks :yay:

the most important thing to remember is keep them clean clean clean........:yes:

and they will work just fine i have picked these brushes for there cost and ease of use

hope this helps just my:twocents:

Dan,

I have an Aztec brush, and it works just fine. It is the only airbrush I use since it was free and I'm broke. It is light, easy to use, and pretty darn cheap. However, it's plastic. The parts are suprisingly durable, including the needles, but its a b*%$@ to clean the tips because paint bonds to plastic pretty darn well. I will be posting some pics of perch baits soon if you want to see what it can do.

dhockey11

I guess like any product you have those that swear by them, and Aztek is no different. I was not aware that they now offered a metal body for their airbrush....I had to look it up and have a looksee.....everything else about the brush seems the same except the metal body....i'll bet that makes it feel alot better in your hand, to have a little weight to it...some folks love their ergonomic designed body......but Testors website(thats who makes Aztek)shows the suggested price for the deluxe metal airbrush kit to be $262.49....:eek:....now i'm sure you could find it priced cheaper elsewhere, but still, it seems a bit pricey for what yer gettin if ya ask me....especially knowing all the internal workings are still acrylic plastic.....For that kinda money I'd buy a couple of nice Iwatas, or a couple of Richpens.....but thats just me.......I do like there paintcups...they fit my side bowl Iwata's and cost less cause they're plastic:wink:.

I bought a testors/aztec Amazing Air Activity Set airbrush to get me by until I save enough for a nicer airbrush and compressor. And it works pretty well for 25 bucks at the Hobby Town shop. Only thing is you can't get real good detail work with it. No any kinda of control for air and paint. But it gets the job done.

I have the top of the line metal model with all of the attachments. The air brush is great. The only thing that I have problems with is clogging (probably my fault). That changed with a good aircompressor. Stay AWAY from the hobby ones! One more thing....Use model masters acryllic paint! Works really good with this brush and the performance of the paint is awesome.