TackleKraft

help Identify this finish

Hey guys....I was looking for a universal color for my jig heads and came ordered some of the omegas . It is close to what I looking for and curious as to how I might get this look on my jigs. Is this a powder used or something I'm not aware of...any info would be helpful..Thanks

Smalljaw is correct on this. It could be a veined finish depends on application or it could be a hammertone finish. Your pic looks a lot like Mags pic he posted in this thread. http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/wire-baits/17708-hammer-finish-jigs.html Maybe it's the same jig by the same company except yours doesn't have the skirt. All these finishes are available, but they are not cheap if you want good quality powder paint pigment and if you want a custom color, add on some extra cash.

I've tied some custom skirt combo's on the Omega jig. The paint is textured and then dipped in a clearcoat for additional durability. Most of the hook eyes were sealed shut when I removed them from the package. The paint coating is similar to the Jewel football jig without the clear. The Columbia veined powder paint is more gold than black but the same texture.

Edited by EironBreaker