351mustang65

Getting started

You also might look at the Lurecraft 5X301 mold....looks like a fish doctor to me and would save you a bunch of trouble and you could get right to pouring. Just a thought.

I second that I have a few molds from http://www.lurecraft.com/ and they pour excellent, now when you decide that you've got the disease Bear's got top shelf stuff.

You also might look at the Lurecraft 5X301 mold....looks like a fish doctor to me and would save you a bunch of trouble and you could get right to pouring. Just a thought.

Im going to get a few molds so I can get right to pouring but I want to try making a mold and I think a fish doctor would be a easier bait to try for my first mold.

Has anyone tried that ozark tackle plastic?

Anyone know if this $10 injector is any good or do you get what you pay for?

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/soft-plastic-lure-molds/044020600000.aspx

Edited by 351mustang65

I looked into Ozark's for sprues but found the shipping was going to kill me figured I might as well buy the plastisol in liquid form and make my own versus being limited by their colors. Don't have any experience with the injector but you should start by pouring you'll find it's as good plus the injector is for their injector molds. Have you looked into a starter kit that

Im going to get a few molds so I can get right to pouring but I want to try making a mold and I think a fish doctor would be a easier bait to try for my first mold.

Plastic Worm Molds, Injector for Soft Plastic Worm Molds

I am not knocking janns in general, but the injector is crap, and dangerous! I would avoid that one at all costs. However some of their molds require an injector with a very small tip, so you are either going to have to pass on those particular molds, adapt a good safe injector like a bears baits injector or use one of theirs and pray a lot. I purchased 4 of them, im now down to 2 of them due to 2 of them coming apart in my hand full of hot plastic. Luckily I had good gloves and was not using excessive pressure. Just made a mess and scared me. My other 2 will remain in my junk drawer forever or until my son figures out they might make nice squirt guns.

Ok I think im going with these molds.

Cart - Fishing Lure Making Products, Soft Plastics, Lead Molds, Hooks and more! - LureCraft

The small color set from Del-Mart.

Ozark Takle plastic, softer, harden, salt, re-grinds.

Now I just need to figure out what I want to use to heat the plastic a hot plate or microwave.

What would you guy suggest?

I have the 5x749 it's a zoom trick worm and it pours great. I personnaly like the micro and pyrex, go down to your local goodwill/thrift shop you should find a cheap micro there. I did the pouring pan thing maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance but the pans were crap and hard to use. I made my own presto pot which works freaking great but I found myself going back to the micro and working in 4-8 oz batches the presto pot is for larger runs. Make your own salt just grind (flour) in a coffee grinder or blender save yourself the shipping cost. The regrinds (sprue) sounds good, are you close to them as I stated shipping cost were crazy.

Plastic Worm Molds, Injector for Soft Plastic Worm Molds

I wouldn't go with the 10 dollar injector. Pain in the rear and dangerous. Bear has one that works awesome.