ROWINGADUBAY

chrome duct tape

I use the chrome tape wal-mart sells. It is thiner than the chrome tape that they sell at lowes or home depot. The wal-mart brand smothes out nice. In my experience, I used etex and a few days aftrer I used the lure it started to peel off the lure. I then used dt2 and stuck great with no peeling.I don't know why etex don't like to stick to the chrome tape.

you used to use the chrome duct tape or aluminum foil tape?

The stuff I used came in about 2.5" wide rolls. It had an adhesive back on it.............I used to get it from the local hardware store. You can burnish down the edges pretty well if you work at it then hide them with a coat of clear and then paint.

jed

The stuff I used came in about 2.5" wide rolls. It had an adhesive back on it.............I used to get it from the local hardware store. You can burnish down the edges pretty well if you work at it then hide them with a coat of clear and then paint.

jed

ok that sounds like the stuff i have which is actual aluminum tape. how do you get a scale texture on this? i guess just lay it on a piece of screen or mesh and burnish the mesh into it.

That's what I did too, find a pattern on something you like then rub the back of a spoon or the end of a round wood handle on the foil to get the pattern. I think I used to rub the back of the foil rather than the front. When you apply it be careful not to rub the scale pattern to much or it will hide the details.

Jed