johnnytheboy

Moulds for spinnerbait heads

John, thanks or the compliment.

Do-It (the Ultra-Minnow you see in my avatar) will not do custom orders. You will have to go to a mold maker like Shawn Collins. On another note, if you take a look at Do-It's Ultra-Minnow Jig, you can easily modify that into a spinnerbait. The SHR-4-M has 1/2, 3/4, 1, and 1-1/2 oz cavities. The SHR-3-L has 2, 3, and 4 oz cavities. You already have the hook shank cut out already. It wouldn't take much to cut out a slot at the nose. This would save you a lot of money buying a custom mold.............Just a thought.

Edited by cadman

For that mold i used a hack saw and just cut a groove for the wire coming out of the jigs nose also think I drilled out the hook holder part to take an 8/0 hook and a piece of wire for trailer hooks/skirts . I forgot to mention that the first time out with my very first spinnerbait made from this mold on my first cast of that day took a 47" muskie and I just caught one the other night on the same one it makes a very good lure it seems if there is an active fish where youre throwing it it will bite right away

oh yeah I use a straight flashabou skirt on most of them

hope this helps

George