Magnet Maker

Laser Cut Lexan Lips

In the UK, we have yell.com, an online business phone directory. This enables me to find the nearest service. I'm sure you will have something similar in the USA.

I suggest this because it would be a good idea to sit down with these people and discuss your requirements face to face.

They will require a computer model of the lip, or they will charge you to do it for you. I can help you with the computer model if you require (no charge).

I have done a similar project in the past, cutting 10mm steel plates for a decorative arch. I think it was MIG, but same principle.

Another thought on the subject: to make it worth while, they will expect you to cut thousands. Maybe other members have lip production requirements and could share the cost. Should be easy enough to organise. I will help all I can, as I am interested in the idea myself, for in the future.

The file type I used in the past was DXF, very easy to do. Mention this to the engineer and see if it is what he wants. If so, I just need to discuss the finer details with him, by e-mail (sheet size, lip spacing etc) then the project is a go.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman