RayburnGuy

couple of questions

8 posts in this topic

I would like to match the color of one bait and paint it onto a different type of lure. Could someone help match the color and would it be ok to post a picture of the lure here or would I have to post it in the photo gallery?

thanks guys,

RayburnGuy

Thanks redg8r. The lure I'm trying to match is posted below. The bait is a rat-l-trap mg68 (the mg stands for magnum) and I think that particular color might have been discontinued. At least I can't find it on the Bill Lewis web site. The color I'm trying to match is the main body color. It looks a little like pumpkin to me, but being color deficient I wanted a second opinion as well as guidance in what color paint to mix to achieve the desired color.

thanks,

RayburnGuy

Createx sunrise yellow - several coats, it gets darker with more coats. Chocolate or brown around eyes and back. Dust shoulders with trans. gold over netting and orange on bottom. Thats my guess without painting one. Post your results! Thats a good color around here in the fall. Good Luck!

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm ordering more paint. :yeah: I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

I think I hit the colors on the money! The gold scaling could gave been a little heavier. Let us know how yours turns out. MAV

Looks great Mav. I believe you got the colors right too. I'll have to order the paint to do it with. A friend of mine is the one wanting that color scheme painted on some of his baits. Looks like he'll have to spring for the paint. :wink: Thanks a million Mav. you nailed it. :yay:

RayburnGuy