MstormC

Holoflash...anyone tried it

Saw this on another site that I frequent and instantly thought of some lures I have been customizing with my airbrush.

How To - Holoflash - The True Way - Project Guitar Forum=

I've tried the wrapping paper trick but it added to much weight to the lure I was trying it on. I have not tried this method but don't see why it wouldn't work

Thought I would share it with the rest.

Chuck

I saw that article...interesting....I can see tryin to use it on lures....as an airbrush artist I can also see some other applications that I might have to experiment with....like using it for a Harley logo on the side of gastanks or something along those lines.....What about using it to cover a baitcasting reel with?....Hmmmmmm...that be a cool finish.

Edited by 68KingFisher

Do you know what the "sizing" they used was? I'm only familiar with the stuff that used to be used in wall papering, as a bonder for hard to hang paper.

He didn't say what brand sizing he used....only that he got it from an automotive paint supplier.....as saltybugger mentioned the sign industry uses alot of sizing for gold and silver leaf applications also....either industry should have what you want.

I have used something like this on many baits. The brand I use is Jones Tones. Tubes & Rolls : Jones Tones, Creative Fun in Every Product Its available on line and in some Hobby Lobby stores. They sell a glue they use for sizing. It comes in a tube but I just put some in a small airbrush cup and thin it with water until it shoots smooth. The glue drys clear and is very tacky when dry. Just press the foil to the tacky glue and peel off the foil and the holoflash stays. No problems with any clear coat.:yay: