spinnerb8t11

Perch Pattern

I think a "standard perch" is neon yellow all over, orange belly, bright green shoulders, 4 black bars down the sides with a template, and black back. You can play around with the yellow and the orange belly to tailor it to local forage but the standard pattern has lots of contrast and works well in most places.

@ spinnerb8t11

Our local European perch actually have three slightly different colors depending on their general habitat in different kinds of waters .

The basic stripe pattern is the same more or less , but the base colors may differ from dark olive to almost black(bottom located habitat) to all tones of brighter greens(vegetation located habitat) and a green/yellowish base body color(open water habitat) .

Also the colors of the fins do vary from a deep red to bright orange ,... whereas the red fins are on the darker colored fish and the orange ones on the yellowish ones .

These are the colors of nature ,........ for a (perch) lure supposed to be fished in stained waters you might also spray something like white/silvery belly and flanks and a back of any green tone or even bright yellow belly and flanks with an orange/brown back .

Paramount are the black stripes , that should always provide a good contrast to the base colors , ......these are supposed to be the "key signal" of a perch pattern , said to let the predator identify the lure as a prey , if it is mainly feeding on perch .

good luck , diemai

Edited by diemai

Here's what worked for me very well. Do a pearl base coat then spray the top half of the bait a basic yellow color (you can very the yellow color based on water clarity). Then hold scale mesh over the bait and spray with a watermelon green color. I then took the watermelon green and added black and brown to it too dull it down and make it darker. This color I used to spray the V shaped bars and to do the back of the bait. A little bit of orange accent on the throat and you've got yourself a winner. You can very the intensity of the colors and accents based on water clarity. Generally pailler for clear and more contrast for stained.

Yet another "perch" pattern:

White basecoat

Pearl white covering bait.

Transparent yellow over the sides

Shoot a wide black stripe down the back and down the sides in bars

spray a little copper pearl over the white belly, try to leave a thin line of white, but fade it in.

Dust a little of that same copper pearl over the black back stripe.

Go back over the black back stripe, leaving some of the copper dusting visible on the left and right sides of the back stripe.

Here's what worked for me very well. Do a pearl base coat then spray the top half of the bait a basic yellow color (you can very the yellow color based on water clarity). Then hold scale mesh over the bait and spray with a watermelon green color. I then took the watermelon green and added black and brown to it too dull it down and make it darker. This color I used to spray the V shaped bars and to do the back of the bait. A little bit of orange accent on the throat and you've got yourself a winner. You can very the intensity of the colors and accents based on water clarity. Generally pailler for clear and more contrast for stained.

look good but its hard to tell witouth pics