Kris

Airbrush for Detail?

What Airbrushes do others use for the fine detail work on cranks?

I currently have a Iwata Revolution CR that seems to handle just about anything I want except a find lines. I'm wondering if I just need smaller needle size?

Most airbrushes with a .2 mm tip or smaller are concidered detail brushes.....My detail brushes are Iwata HP-SB and CM-SB.

When I got my Iwata HP.2mm airbrush, it came with a factory test paper shot by the tech who tuned it. The spiral he did on the test paper went from hairline width to about 1/8". When I become good enough to do that... well, let's not delude ourselves - that ain't gonna happen. It takes more than a fine tool to produce fine work.

When I got my Iwata HP.2mm airbrush, it came with a factory test paper shot by the tech who tuned it. The spiral he did on the test paper went from hairline width to about 1/8". When I become good enough to do that... well, let's not delude ourselves - that ain't gonna happen. It takes more than a fine tool to produce fine work.

Those lil Japanese guys can do anything!!!!

Just trigger control boys....just trigger control....lol....i've seen some of the topgun airbrushers freehand 100 skulls in the space of a quarter with a detail brush....I can't get that much detail and I live with an airbrush in my hands....but take a detail airbrush thats working correctly, combined with properly thinned paints and throw in some quality trigger control and you can achieve amazing results.....the only machine involved would be the compressor. ;)

I know this is a bit off topic for a tackle making site, but take a few minutes one day and check out this guy if your not already famlier with him.. Alberto Ponno - Airbrush Car Painter

In my opinion Alberto is one of the few and true masters of the airbrush, not to mention he's probably my favorite motorsports artist and i'm really into motorsports art. Keep in mind as you look at his paintings that they are done 100% "Freehand"....meaning NO masking is used...not even a straight edge....all he uses is a projector and a Paasche VJR....now look at the sizes of the paintings....you'll be amazed at what a true airbrush master can do with that little tool we all seem to struggle with.

I know this is a bit off topic for a tackle making site, but take a few minutes one day and check out this guy if your not already famlier with him.. Alberto Ponno - Airbrush Car Painter

In my opinion Alberto is one of the few and true masters of the airbrush, not to mention he's probably my favorite motorsports artist and i'm really into motorsports art. Keep in mind as you look at his paintings that they are done 100% "Freehand"....meaning NO masking is used...not even a straight edge....all he uses is a projector and a Paasche VJR....now look at the sizes of the paintings....you'll be amazed at what a true airbrush master can do with that little tool we all seem to struggle with.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: