.dsaavedra.

Smith Wildlife Colors and .3mm Tip

Dave, all paints that I have used will vary slightly in viscosity, even two bottles of the exact type, color and maker. As you shoot more you will learn when to thin when to adjust pressures for each type. Practice,learn what happens with various pressures and paints find out what works for you. Keep in mind also the humidity and weather will play a small factor. Using roll of craftpaper for a backdrop and some paint just give yourself some spraying time. Do dots, lines, signatures, and spray some using some simple stencils your own style will come to you. Mistakes are the learning tools that make you better.

I never thin it. Doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't - but I haven't found any Smith Wildlife I can't just squirt and shoot. I use a BR to shoot Smith Wildlife Pearl Chrome, which won't shoot through a .2mm brush. Flakes are flakes - you can thin them and they'll clog even faster if the flakes are too large.

this is good to know.

wish paints weren't so dern expensive.

are iridescent paints one of those paints where a little goes a long way? i plan on using iridescent blue and violet in a lot of my baits (bluegills and such) but i'm not sure whether i should buy a 4oz bottle or a 1oz bottle of each. i was thinking 4oz just to be safe.