.dsaavedra.

Bent Needle!

boooooooy am i some kinda pissed!

my friend came over and started taking my airbrush apart trying to show me something or other inside of it and he handed it to me without the needle/nozzle cap on it.

i don't know how but i ended up dropping the brush on the table. it was only a fall of a few inches but it fell right on the needle, bent the needle right at a 90

dixieart.com carries Iwata parts, or has them drop shipped from Iwata. You lucked out on the nozzle, they are only $10.80 for the BR (.35 or .5mm) and the needle is less than $10. However, minimum order is $25 and shipping is $9+. You can Google "iwata parts" for other sources, like TCP Global. You can apparently use several tip assemblies on a BR. TCP Global lists .2 and .3mm parts. Be sure what size your original tip is and get the right size parts, or they won't fit the rest of your tip assembly. Mine came with a .3mm tip ( I think!). Man, sorry that happened! Been there, done that, but it's worse when it isn't even your fault.

Edited by BobP

Man thats tough....dontcha just love friends that cost you money when they try and help out....lol. For what its worth, your not the only guy to ever do that....i've done it more than once myself with my Micron, and those nozzles are close to $50 each.

I couldn't find much info on the Revolution BR parts, and i'm not familier enough with that model to tell you anything about it....the parts breakdowns I saw showed that airbrush to have the screw in nozzles....is that what you have?....or is your nozzle shaped more like a cone and just sits into a countersink hole?....If its the screw in kind then your probably not gonna get off with a $10 part...usually the screw in nozzles are pretty expensive....I guess it costs alot to machine that tiny threaded part.

You might start with where you purchased your airbrush from and see what they have?...otherwise call the folks at Coast airbrush or Dixie art and ask them.

From now on, don't let you buddy mess with it unless he's prepared to cough up the bucks for more parts.....You might have fumbled the airbrush and dropped it, but it sounds like the parts got damaged because he took the protective cover off?......Good luck gettin it going again.

Hey DSV,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm not at all familiar with the different airbrushes, but I did a search and came up with this site. Don't know the first thing about them, but after looking at quite a few sites this was the only one that listed the Revolution BR with the size tip and needle you were looking for. Home this helps.

RayburnGuy

Airbrush Warehouse - Iwata > Iwata HP-BR 0.3mm Revolution Gravity feed Airbrush Parts

thanks for the help, you guys are great! :)

KF, i ordered my airbrush from CoastAirbrush, and on their site they don't even sell parts for the HP-BR! if these other links don't have what i'm looking for (rayburnguy's looks promising) then i'll call CoastAirbrush and see if they can get the parts i need.

the nozzle on the HP-BR is indeed a screw in nozzle...

i did not split the nozzle, in fact the nozzle isn't really damaged, but it definitley isn't perfectly circular anymore. the edge got flared out where the needle hit against it.

Edited by DSV

i did not split the nozzle, in fact the nozzle isn't really damaged, but it definitley isn't perfectly circular anymore. the edge got flared out where the needle hit against it.

Basicly its junk......you might be able to salvage it for backgrounds or something like that if its not split, but the flared area will cause it to spray heavily to that side, and it will most likely no longer spray a nice round pattern.

Give Dave at Coast airbrush a call...he'll help you out with the right part.

wellll my friend said he took it to his autobody shop and a guy there professionally straightened the needle (the needle does look straight, except the very tip is SLIGHTLY still bent. i might be able to bend it back). he also supposedly fixed the nozzle, but it looks worse than it did if you ask me.

he said the guy that fixed them said they should work perfectly, but i don't really have the right paint to test it out. i tried it with cheap acrylics and i can't really tell if its spraying good or not.

i guess i'll just use these repaired parts and if i notice that its not working properly then i'll buy new parts....

Well, maybe ya lucked out....needles can be straightened(for the most part), but my experiences with massaging a bent tip....especially those really tiny screw in kind....never worked really well for me, and i'd just end up gettin new parts...but, for something like doin lures you might find it works ok....your usually not worried about tight "freehand" details so a tweaked tip may not hurt ya much....do like you said, try it out and see....go from there.

Straighten your needle the best you can using a flat surface, such as a piece of glass for a guide. Then keep it for a cleaning tool. Get new parts asap. Some of the hobby stores carry some needles etc, for Iwata, such as Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Hobbytown, so if you have one of those near you, you might give them a call.