BJBarron

Lure eyes (without paint)

Thought some of you guys might be intersted in the way I make my lure eyes. I've always had trouble getting my eyes perfectly lined up and look the same on both sides. And the 3d eyes just want fit the curve of the bait sometimes. So I thought I would make them out of electrical tape like I do the kill spot. So this is what I did.

1. I found a piece of plexiglass.

2. I got the color of tape I want to use.

3. Tore them and stuc them to the plexiglass sheet.

4. DO NOT USE UNFIRED SHELLS!!

5. I got a 30 caliber rile shell I used for the base color of the eye. Just pit over the tape and tap with a hammer doesn't take much. Do as many as you need.

6. I use a 22 caliber shell put over the color tape I'm going to use for the pupil andtape with the hamme. It doesn't take much tapping either.

7. Pull the tape ofleavine the circles behind.

8. Take the color tape your using for the pupil an peal and stick on to of the base color of the eye and there you have your ready made eyes!!

Now you can peal and stick the eyes to the bait and a just as you see fit. Hope this helps. Works great under epoxy. I get some pics up soon that I used useing this metod.

BJ Barron

Very nice! I like the fact that your still keeping it all original too! I got away from painting eyes on my lures quite a while back... quite agrivating when you "slip" and ruin a good bait... which makes your method excellent!

(btw, predator baits those 3ds you sent me are awesome!).

I went to my local sign shop and had them make me 250-1/4-inch yellow "dots", 250-1/4-inch red "dots", and 500-1/8-inch black "dots". That was 500 eyes. I paid about $20 for them. The "dots are vinyl which is basically the same as the electrical tape. You can have whatever sizes you want made.

If you decide to have this done, you can save a little money if you "weed" them yourself. "Weeding" means removing all of the unwanted trim from around the dots.

Gene

Thatta a way to come in there Predator,:yay:you tell them.Whats all this talk about making your own eyes when this man sells a great product.(What are they trying to do to a brother:oooh:)LOL.Just joking guys,don't start killing me on here.He really does sell some good eyes.I know what yall mean I have had trouble in the past with painting them on and ruining the whole thing.I have some flat prism eyes and some regular vinyl and both work great...Rob