silverdoctor

Circuit Board Sheet Suppliers

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a source for 1/32 in. thick sheets of micarta other than ASP-Rocketry and McMaster-Carr? Looking for either pale green or near white at a decent price. As pointed out by BobP, I could get G7 (translucent white) from M-Carr for 3X the price of G10.

The translucent green board from McMaster is G-11. It's more durable than G-10 and costs more too ($7.52 for a 1x1' 1/32" thick sheet). I've tried it, and it was indistinguishable from G-10 for lip use. I haven't tried G-7. The McMaster-Carr site (McMaster-Carr) has good descriptions and tech specs of various circuit boards if you're interested. Look under Plastics/Garolite. We crankbait makers care about color but we're a tiny minority that buys circuit board. If anyone knows where to get white G-10 in sheets smaller than 4'x8', I for one would be interested!

What we need is a board sponsor to buy white G-10 and cut it down for resale!

Edited by BobP

Do a search for Auburn Plastics. They carry both G-10 and Poly. I'm pretty sure they have multiple facilities. Im lucky that there is one in Indy which is close. I buy all my g10 there and if you buy it in multiple sheets it alot cheaper than mcmaster-carr.