muskietom51

DEVCON

Are the spots you talking about still sticky after the rest of the bait dries. If so you didn't cover that spot enough. One thing I learned about Devcon is that you have to put on a very thick coat on the entire bait then take a dry brush or wipe off you original brush good and go over the entire bait brushing off the excess Devcon. You might use a little more Devcon but won't run into the problem you are having. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Sebbass is exactly right, just add some more Devcon, you are putting it on too thin. I try to brush lengthwise on the bait but do what you must to get a good layer on the entire bait. Once you start to turn the bait check it for the first couple of minutes and brush out any of the missing/low spots. You can fix the baits you have with the spots by putting on another coat, no big deal.

Jed

Another thing that helps me...Don't think of it as "brushing". I brush my epoxy on to get good coverage and surface adhesion. After that I just push around a wad of finish to get a good film thickness, I don't "brush". That's only the name of the tool I'm using. Keep your bristles in the epoxy but not on the surface of the bait.