BassinMaumee

Took back the paasche got an Iwata!

Night and day difference for me, the iwata seemed more newbie friendly while using it! Here are my first to paints!

firstpaintswithiwata.jpg

On a side note, It came with a .5mm tip, If I buy the .35mm tip, do I need the cap/needle and the tip correct? Also can I get a smaller tip than the .35mm say a .2mm for some really fine detail work!

This is the gun I got!

IWATA-MEDEA • Products • Airbrushes • Eclipse • HP-BCS • Medea Airbrush Products

congrats on the new brush! glad its working out for you now.

if you buy a .35mm tip (nozzle) for your eclipse, then you need to buy a .35mm needle also. but you don't need to buy new caps.

sweet, will the .35mm make a huge difference when it comes to detail? Can I get a smaller needle/nozzle say like .2mm?

I don't know about tips except to say the Eclipse series comes with .5 or .35mm. Whether a smaller tip assembly from another Iwata model will fit is a ??. I suspect not, but it's worth asking an Iwata rep to explore possibilities. The small nozzles for the HP series brushes, like the .2mm are quite pricey, in the $40+ range. As the tips get larger, they get cheaper.

Those paint jobs look great!

You did the right thing getting the Iwata. When you clean it be careful to not "force" the needle forward or you will flare the opening on the tiny cone at the front of the brush and ruin it. Just push the need forward until it stops, no further. You should be able to shoot createx paints straight from the bottle without thinning at about 40 PSI. Make sure you clean the brush before putting it away and rinse well between colors. I use just hot water between colors.

Learn to listen to your brush............when the cone and needle are working properly the brush will sound like ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............when it gets something clogged in it the brush will sound like skkkkkklshhhhhhhhhhsskshhhhskkkshhhh. There will be a slight "scratchy" sound instead of a smooth sound. If this happens you can grab that screw at the opening at the back of the brush and pull it back which opens the brush up and try to spray it out. If that doesn't work, which generally it doesn't, then take the back off, pull the needle, clean the needle off, then spray clean water through the brush. If it is still clogged then you need to clean out the cone at the front. I use a tiny dental brush for doing this, you can buy one at most stores near the dental floss, toothbrushes, etc. Hold the cone up to the light and look through it to see if it is clogged. When you reassemble the brush go easy! Be very careful with the tip of the needle, don't force the needle and go slow.

Enjoy!

jed

Edited by RiverMan

I don't know about tips except to say the Eclipse series comes with .5 or .35mm. Whether a smaller tip assembly from another Iwata model will fit is a ??. I suspect not, but it's worth asking an Iwata rep to explore possibilities. The small nozzles for the HP series brushes, like the .2mm are quite pricey, in the $40+ range. As the tips get larger, they get cheaper.

i talked to an Iwata rep when i was buying new parts for my brush and she told me that parts from one product line will not work with brushes from other product lines (if that didn't confuse the hell out of you). in other words, an eclipse part won't work with a revolution brush, a revolution part won't work with an HP brush, etc.

As far as I know the Eclipse is only available in the 3.5 and the 5mm size.....a smaller 2mm tip won't fit it because they change from those larger cone shaped nozzles to the tiny screw in style.....You can switch between the 3.5 and the 5 by just switching nozzle and needles....the same head assembly is used for both.

You'll like the Eclipse....its one of my goto brushes for bike painting.

PS....Riverman gave good advice on listening to your airbrush....follow what he said and you'll do ok.

Edited by 68KingFisher