Them Muskie Lures

Cutting lip slot with table saw

I am using the 1/8" lexan lips from Metal Works Stamping (same ones as Rollie and Helens etc) and I am having an issue cutting the slot on my table saw. I think it's the kerf of the blade. The blade that came with the saw was a 24T general blade and the lip slot was very tight and I had to file it some to get it to fit. I switched to a 60T blade and now I have some slop. Should I go to a 40T? If anyone has a blade they use that works, I would appreciate it. I hate to buy different blades hoping they will be correct. Most do not have the kerf size listed on the package.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Greg

I also build Muskie baits. I built a sliding fixture for cutting lip slots on my table saw and use a 80 tooth with raker teeth that cuts leaving a flat bottom for the lip slot. It is I believe .110 kerf. when I tried the .125 which is a standard the slot was to loose.The fixture has adjustable stop blocks at each end that I set with a little slop end to end. I make two quick passes through the saw with the bait pushed each way on the blocks to open the slot up just a little extra. I leave just a little extra to allow for primer and paint.