grove city skeeter

Swimbait material

Skeeter,

I have been trying to use AZEK PVC board from Home Depot. For crankbaits, I can't seem to get the action that I am looking for like I can with Cedar. I am still playing with it some. If you want to try some out. I have a 1 x 2 board that you can have. I notice you live in Grove City. I live in Marysville. Be glad to help you out.

Thanks,

Greg

www.themmuskielures.com

Greg,

After our conversation online, I started thinking about the difference in buoyancy between AZEK and Cedar.

I put rattles in my AZEK baits by drilling a 1/4" through hole where the eyes go, from one side to the other, countersinking the hole with a 5/16" forstner bit, and using discs of aluminum can I punch out to seal both ends (using brush-on crazy glue so it won't run into the chamber and freeze the bearing) after I insert a sst ball bearing. It makes a great one knocker, because the AZEK is so hard it doesn't absorb the sound.

I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing, only leave out the ball bearing, to seal in floatation chambers in the AZEK, and make it more bottom heavy and buoyant.

Just a thought.