Gator44

Dealing with 2 1/2 gal jugs?

After using my first gal of Lurecraft plastic a lot faster than I anticipated, I just received a 2 1/2 gal jug of Calhoun. It's really heavy and hard to deal with. What is the best way to break it up into smaller containers (what type of bottles etc) that are easier to shake etc? Can I pour it into the gal Lurecraft jug or will the remaining residue contaminate it?

Since winter is coming for most of us. Save all your winshield washer fluid bottles. Rinse them out leave the lids off and stick them in the basement to dry out. Put plastic in and use. 20oz bottles would be fine but you will find the more addicted you get the more plastic you will use and 20oz won't last you very long unless you are doing very small pours, just my .02

Since winter is coming for most of us. Save all your winshield washer fluid bottles. Rinse them out leave the lids off and stick them in the basement to dry out. Put plastic in and use. 20oz bottles would be fine but you will find the more addicted you get the more plastic you will use and 20oz won't last you very long unless you are doing very small pours, just my .02

I have a line of 5-6 of them on the workbench. Work great to pour into the pot or if you want to test colors you can pour into small cups and do it that way.

I use the Calhoun in 2.5 gallon jugs. I have several empty jugs. The first thing I do when ready to use a jug is pour it into an empty 2.5 gallon jug. I pour it back and forth a couple of times to mix it. From that point on it is easy to shake and deal with because of the initial amount I pour with. I like the larger jugs because it creates less waste. Plus I like the sweet smell of the Calhoun

I always found it easier to use a 5 gallon bucket for one reason, I used to use LC hand pour plastic, we all know it has a little more settling than others, it always made it convenient for mixing. A 1/2" electric drill and a $5 paint stirrer from Lowe's done the job. It was convenient just to dip out what I needed and then put the lid back on, even for smaller amounts. Unplug the drill, wipe off the stirrer and the dipping cup, set them on top of the bucket and it was as easy as that. After you get down toward the bottom, just slowly pour out what you need. Just make sure when you empty it from the 2 1/2 gallon container that it's really mixed up well and you don't leave anything on the bottom of the container. Just thought I'd throw something different in there.