DanCampbell

Airbrush Pointers

Hello,

I just got the AIR-PRO PS900 and need some pointers on how to use it.

I am using Createx paint and the .2mm tip. pressure set at 40Lbs

I am attempting to paint the entire surface, or at least the top half.

How close should I be to the lure I'm painting? When I get close it blows the paint off the lure.When I back off it takes three passes before I see any color. I'm sure this is me and my slow learing curve.

Do I need the .3mm tip?

Any help would be great.

Dan

Pressure should be dropped to 25-30 psi. How far away is determined by what you are attempting to paint. For instance, close makes the lines real fine and farther away opens the spray pattern.

But if you are taking 3 passes to see color, you are close. It is always easier to add paint then remove it. Airbrushing achieves it colors by layering colors, don't get hung up by spraying the perfect, even color with one pass.

Good Luck

Pressure should be dropped to 25-30 psi. How far away is determined by what you are attempting to paint. For instance, close makes the lines real fine and farther away opens the spray pattern.

But if you are taking 3 passes to see color, you are close. It is always easier to add paint then remove it. Airbrushing achieves it colors by layering colors, don't get hung up by spraying the perfect, even color with one pass.

Good Luck

What he said.

I would lower that air preassure first.. The finer detail and closer you are to the bait LOWER your air preassure. That is why it is spraying the paint off of the bait when you get close, Air preassure is to high.