dicknite

Dick Nite Top Coat Availability (Or Lack of)

I am very sorry to have to write this, but I am at the mercy of one of my suppliers and have no immediate means to rectify the problem that exists.

The manufacturer of one of the key ingredients in our Clear Top Coat informed me today that they thought they "had informed me a few months ago" that their product has been discontinued due to several reasons. They are out of stock.

This is quite a situation, as they are the only manufacturer I know of, and without their product I am unable to manufacture our Top Coat.

I am now, in every waking moment, searching for a solution to this problem, but until I can locate another source or reformulate our Top Coat, I will be without a Top Coat product to sell.

Trust me, this is as big a problem for me as it is for those of you who have come to rely on our product - I also manufacture thin-bladed spoons for freshwater fishing to the tune of 300,000+ lures per year. I now am stuck for an alternative product to top coat those lures with.

I know many of you have product you need to top coat, and as soon as I solve this problem, I will let you know.

Our other paints, the lacquer-based fluorescents, solids, holographic glitters, and pearls are still available. The only product affected is our Top Coat, as it is a polyurethane.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Hopefully the problem will be rectified quickly.

Thanks for your support over the last couple of years - you folks are all great customers and talented lure manufacturers!

Dick

Murphy's Law. I just decided this week to take up hard baits. Spent a fortune, got help on TU, laid in a few dozen hard baits, bought paints, went through three air brushes, 4 comperssors and two tanks before I was satisfied last weekend. I studied, I built drying racks, I placed an order for DN clear coat and got the invoice all on the 20th. Likely my order fell in with this turmoil.

Because I wear a black cloud I should have expected some bad luck. I am sorry if I brought it upon others.

I really would like to stay away from epoxie coating. Studying, from TU I learned so much, how to make scales, how to bond paint with a hair dryer. How to hang DN clear coat to avoid skinning and orange peels. How to make drying racks rotate. How to make and use stencils. I learned who the artist are.

Tu provided me hours of education. I am so sorry this happened to Mr. Nite. Having made my commitment to the hobby and certain products Ifelt the disapointment.

I wish I could help. About all I have to give in this situation is my patience. There is so much unselfishly shared by TU members something like this that troubles many awakens my sympathy. Thank you Dick Nite for all the help and support my best wishes for you.

Actually, Piscivorous Pike, you and Kris got the last two cans. Your order is still going out - it will ship Monday.

The better news (I try not to get my hopes up too high in these situations...) is that I may have found a replacement for the ingredient. I will be getting a sample next week and reformulating and testing...

Thanks for all the kind words and support I have gotten off-list and here from you great folks!

I will post here as soon as I have the Top-Coat back online.

Dick

Actually, Piscivorous Pike, you and Kris got the last two cans. Your order is still going out - it will ship Monday.

The better news (I try not to get my hopes up too high in these situations...) is that I may have found a replacement for the ingredient. I will be getting a sample next week and reformulating and testing...

Thanks for all the kind words and support I have gotten off-list and here from you great folks!

I will post here as soon as I have the Top-Coat back online.

Dick

Super!!

Thank you for the support!!

The blanks landed today. Tomorrow I paint them and the house (Really, one of the honey do's. Once I am flinging paint I can make the switch and she won't notice the difference of anything past my painted clothing and body! Urban camoflage and a battle plan).

I

I got it less than an hour ago!! Yippie, dip coated my first finished dozen plastic hard baits with the last can available. Dipped from a clean jar, yes, the lazy way out. They shine sitting there so pretty, three sizes of a Kokanee pattern.

I leave for a 12 hoiur work day in 8 hours and then I can return and evaluate the product and put hooks on these Sebile knock offs.

Wish me luck, my dear mentors.

Thank you, Dick Nite, this batch is destined for the trip, 11/06, I have planned a year for. Just in time too.