Airbrush practice...finally

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlcam

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

Got a few questions for yall.I just got to start using my airbrush,not enough to show anything yet.This is going to be wayyyyy harder than my rattle cans:eek:(as if I didn't know it).Right now I have a single action Paash with two jars for paint.I know most of you use multiple guns for different colors,but I just have one for now.Can I get several bottles and keep different colors in each one,if so how do I keep them from drying out.Mine will set alot longer than most.Also how do I handel keeping them for the winter,as of now my shop is not insulated and not heated all the time.Someone said I might could keep them in a cooler,and that would'nt let it freeze.I also have to find a place for my rattle cans,last year I put them in a cotainer and put them in the house.We don't have severe winters here in N.Alabama but it does get pretty chilly.I am going to have to do a lot of post searching to get this airbrush thing down.I do have a small fridge but it usually has a few beverages in it.I know a friend of mine builds cabinets and he keeps his stains in an old refrigerator and it works good....Rob

#2 BobP

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

You can buy extra jars and solid jar tops, offered as accessories by the manufacturer and by other companies. I'd check the Paasche website and art sites like Dixie Art, . As long as the paint does not freeze, no problem. I keep mine in a plastic tote box stored in a cabinet in the garage and our winters are a little colder than yours. If we get really cold, down in the teens, I bring the box inside.

As far as drying out, that's why I prefer to keep paint in the original bottle. Storing it in the airbrush bottle, any dried particles can make their way to the tip and clog it. BTW, I think you're wrong about multiple brushes - most of us hobby guys use a single airbrush, cleaning it between colors.

Edited by BobP, 23 October 2009 - 12:41 PM.