finlander

sticky button

If it was mine, i'd run some mild solvent thru the airvalve itself to see if you can get it to free up....you can also run a little airtool oil thru them will help....just follow that up with some type of mild solvent(mineral spirits for example) to wash out the oil once its all free again...you don't want oil in your paint...especially if your using uro's.....Once freed up, i'd also lube the trigger pivot points and sides of the trigger where they rub the airbrush body with an airbrush lube...you could subsitute a drop of glycerin from your local drug store....you don't need much....you just want a film of lubricant on the parts that touch metal to metal...also make sure that little part that hangs off the trigger doesn't have a burr on it and that the pivot moves freely.

If your problem is in the airvalve assembly and flushing it out and lubing it didn't help, you might have O-ring problems inside....I believe you can order replacements....I've never had to do this yet....cleaning always fixed mine.....Hollar at me if you can't get it figured out, and i'll try and help more.

Edited by 68KingFisher

I backed out the screw underneath this am where the airline connects. Pulled out the plunger and spring too. Did not remove o-ring at this time. Dripped some solvent thru. It seems to go up and down alright til I reassemble the ab. Then it starts to stick again, like before. I have a VL. Is the Iwata Eclipse the same way??? Really thinking hard about getting one. I did use the wrench last night to tighten the airline and the nut on the tip, put the needle all the way to the end and sprayed with a bit lower air pressure and boy did it make a difference. But still the sticky button. Gotta go to work. Maybe look for some lube and new o-rings at HobLob. Thought I proll will have to send for those.:yes:

I backed out the screw underneath this am where the airline connects. Pulled out the plunger and spring too. Did not remove o-ring at this time. Dripped some solvent thru. It seems to go up and down alright til I reassemble the ab. Then it starts to stick again, like before. I have a VL. Is the Iwata Eclipse the same way??? Really thinking hard about getting one. I did use the wrench last night to tighten the airline and the nut on the tip, put the needle all the way to the end and sprayed with a bit lower air pressure and boy did it make a difference. But still the sticky button. Gotta go to work. Maybe look for some lube and new o-rings at HobLob. Thought I proll will have to send for those.:yes:

The Eclipse and the VL, have different airvalve and trigger assemblies.....While i've had some sticky airvalves at times in my Iwata, I can honestly say i've had no more trouble from it then my Paasche. I doubt that you'll find o-rings at HobbyLobby but ya might as well check.