irbassnut

Zooms trick worm

Zooms Trick Worm

After much investigating of there Trick worm,Has anybody noticed that the bottom of the worm is NOT fromed like the top and takes on a hand poured design?

I just went fishing with the worm and a double mold design,What a difference in action with the Zoom compared to a double formed worm.

I caught more fish !:yay:

(6) on the Zoom than the double(2)

There is something to be said about hand pours!!!!!!

Ray

Tombstone Baits

I never saw a real zoom trick worm but its my understanding that they are "one sided" meaning the mold is an open pour 1 sided mold, I have LC's 6" trick worm mold and it pours great. It took me some time to get confidence that a 1 sided bait would catch fish but them I figure nothing in nature is perfectly round, straight or ribbed to look like some of the fully rounded baits out there.

I never saw a real zoom trick worm but its my understanding that they are "one sided" meaning the mold is an open pour 1 sided mold, I have LC's 6" trick worm mold and it pours great. It took me some time to get confidence that a 1 sided bait would catch fish but them I figure nothing in nature is perfectly round, straight or ribbed to look like some of the fully rounded baits out there.

LOL! I've caught more fish on lures that look like nothing in Nature than I dare mention.

Bassnut,

Even though Zoom's trick worm has a flat bottom, it's still definitely an injected bait. Del's right the softness of the plastic has everything to do with the action of the bait. For instance, our 6 3/4" finesse worm (trick type worm) has 78 cavities, most injectors make their plastic a little harder because those 78 worms hang on a bar and cure for 24 hours before packaging. This is done so that the weight of the worms does not break the runner (the center core of the mold) the worms are attached to. When you're doing high end injection, time is money and you don't want to spend time picking up worms off of the floor. One of the ways we keep our baits softer and keep action to the bait is we break the runner in several places, that way we don't have so much weight suspended.

Also, their name is on the bottom of the bait. Has to be injected to get that effect.

Just another fair warning, if you use Trick worm, Trixster worm, Tricky worm, etc Zoom will eventually send you a little note regarding violation of their copyright. The name is copyrighted and anything close will be a violation. Just a heads up to save you some time. I see LOTS of guys using it, even on eBay.

Jim

PS May need to start this into a new thread as I don;t mean to hijack the original topic.