CL Rods

My Tip of the week.

Well I decided I should share this with the people who have shared a lot with others, and with newbies as well.

Color blending can be a pain as well as trying to figure out new color patterns etc. Especially for me since I am color blind. So I probably tinker more than most to achieve what some folks do easily.

So to practice on, you can go buy a '3gang' (~6.5") or larger solid white and solid black plastic electric wall outlet cover plate from Lowes/Home Depot/Menards etc...

The comver plate will be just like you have base coated in white or black and because it is smooth plastic the paint will run if sprayed too heavy or paint is too thin which is what you need to learn to not do, You can learn trigger control, color layering, use of templates, color blending, try irredescent / color shifts... and wash it off a million times and it will always be base white/black.

One of the best tips I could have given you for learning. I had one laying in the garage (read that as I am a pack rat) and have been using mine for a little while and it has been most helpfull. Hope this helps get you started.

Thanks for the tip!

Too smart!

I have a ton of old cover plates. I'll screw one to the piece of plywood where I have my scaling net mounted, and use it to play with colors.

Well I decided I should share this with the people who have shared a lot with others, and with newbies as well.

Color blending can be a pain as well as trying to figure out new color patterns etc. Especially for me since I am color blind. So I probably tinker more than most to achieve what some folks do easily.

So to practice on, you can go buy a '3gang' (~6.5") or larger solid white and solid black plastic electric wall outlet cover plate from Lowes/Home Depot/Menards etc...

The comver plate will be just like you have base coated in white or black and because it is smooth plastic the paint will run if sprayed too heavy or paint is too thin which is what you need to learn to not do, You can learn trigger control, color layering, use of templates, color blending, try irredescent / color shifts... and wash it off a million times and it will always be base white/black.

One of the best tips I could have given you for learning. I had one laying in the garage (read that as I am a pack rat) and have been using mine for a little while and it has been most helpfull. Hope this helps get you started.