finlander

Iwata HP-CS nozzle

I broke down the ab the other day and found the nozzle seems to me 'mounted'. My VL's nozzle is loose and comes out. The manual shows an exploded view, implying the Eclipse has a 'loose' nozzle. What gives. The manual is dated 2006. I havent used it yet. Hope it isn't stuck in there.

My HP-B and Revolution came with little wrenches designed specifically to remove the nozzles. If you look at a parts diagram for yours and the nozzle is a separate part, it will unscrew. I don't remove it except if there's a problem I can't fix with it in place - it's too easy to lose and too expensive to replace ($33.30 ea!).

Edited by BobP

The Eclipse HP-CS does have a free floating self centering nozzle just like your VL...Not the screw in type...its probably just stuck....i've had that happen several times.

So how does it free up? I am afraid to tap it. Should I try and spray with it, and hope this may loosen it???

Wow. What an airbrush. Smooth as a baby's, er well you know that one. Only problem if you call it that, is my finger slips off the trigger. I resorted to pulling it back. Love the cup on top. Maybe the VL gave me headaches because of the bottles below and using a larger needle. Spent more time rinsing and cleaning the cup between colors, than actually painting it. Gotta get more bodies done....