irbassnut

New Site

No one likes change, including me. But after using the site for a few hours, I am already getting used to it. Still a few features of the old site that I miss, but Jerry has not finished loading the new site yet.

As for speed, my experience with the new site is way faster. I'm happy that we now have pictures to view, instead of having to click on thumbnails.

The search engine has improved with new features. I just tried a search string inside double quotes "legs to fill" and nailed the exact thread it was used. Without double quotes I got multi pages. I suggest members play with the quotes and learn what they can do. In advanced search, a search titles only feature will help nail relevant topics, good feature.

I suspect that their are more features in this search engine, maybe Jerry could add a search help, to teach us the features.

It seems to me that you just haven't given the new software a chance and made your decision to hate the new layout way too soon. Let's get the thing loaded first and the bugs fixed before saying "it sucks".

Dave

No one likes change, including me. But after using the site for a few hours, I am already getting used to it. Still a few features of the old site that I miss, but Jerry has not finished loading the new site yet.

As for speed, my experience with the new site is way faster. I'm happy that we now have pictures to view, instead of having to click on thumbnails.

The search engine has improved with new features. I just tried a search string inside double quotes "legs to fill" and nailed the exact thread it was used. Without double quotes I got multi pages. I suggest members play with the quotes and learn what they can do. In advanced search, a search titles only feature will help nail relevant topics, good feature.

I suspect that their are more features in this search engine, maybe Jerry could add a search help, to teach us the features.

It seems to me that you just haven't given the new software a chance and made your decision to hate the new layout way too soon. Let's get the thing loaded first and the bugs fixed before saying "it sucks".

Dave

I like it better and it is faster. Just takes a little getting used to.

I like it!

I couldn't stand the fact i had to read the pages backwards on the old one.If there was 3 pages you'd had to start at page 3 at the bottom and read up....That was confusing for me.

You could change that in you User CP...

Anyway, I really like this new site. It is VERY fast compared to the old one and it looks more inviting :)

I about shit bricks when I saw it. I was like WOW WTF did VBulletin do to there software. ( Jerry and I were just a few days before the site change talking about the new version of VB, I thought he pulled the trigger)

Ive pretty much used all the softwares out there from the very begining, so I know to give them time. to get used to them

the only problem I see with this is the colors.

The white and yellow bleeds and the light grays blend in as well and its very bright, I have to squint to read it.

Now keep in mind I use this PC for programming. the other site was easier to read on the colors. My eyes are getting bad so the brightness kinda screws with them alot.

I liked the duller yellow that he had on the other site.

Dont get me wrong I am not complaining but these are the things I have noticed. as far as the board, you get the hang of them after a while once you learn the layout of them. so give it some time.

Add'd:

As far a speed I noticed no difference as of last night, both on a dsl and cable. my work internet has sucks the last 2 days we cant get online till after 5pm LOL and everytime we try it drops the page. they were out working on it all day today and got it fixed about 20 mins ago. I am now running at 640k LMAO before they fixed it a 56k dial up was faster) at 640 this board flies

Edited by Delw

I find the colors and lack of contrast hard on my old eyes. I was surprised Husky said just the opposite.

I also find the pages load extremely slow. The new eBay system is painfully slow as well so I am wondering if both of these new formats are memory hogs. I only have 512mb ram and I know if I open 25 or 30 ebay auctions, I have to close Explorer to clear the ram. So far, this is my second thread on the new TU and it was doggy from the start.

I'll vote with a thumbs up. Some posts are still overwriting the ads on the right side but it's getting better. May just be my resolution as I'm using a square LCD panel rather than the newer wide screens.

Send me a screenshot if possible, I'm testing on 3 browsers at 3 different resolutions. I can say we wont be optimized for any resolution lower than 1024x768 (sorry 800x600 users)

I'm getting to everyone's comments public & private, so thanks for the constructive feedback.

For the colors, I'm working on 3 skins, this one, a dark one and a middle ground similar to the one before the changeover. We never allowed users to change skins (for uniformity) but 2 or 3 skins should be easy to maintain. There will be a 4th one for WAP/Mobile phones, but it should only kick in when called from a mobile device.

Thanks again :yay:

For the colors, I'm working on 3 skins, this one, a dark one and a middle ground similar to the one before the changeover. We never allowed users to change skins (for uniformity) but 2 or 3 skins should be easy to maintain. There will be a 4th one for WAP/Mobile phones, but it should only kick in when called from a mobile device.

Thanks again :yay:

This sounds great , I have a low speed internet connection unfortunatelly and I saw a change of speed when the site is loading so I'm happy with the change, hate the colors too but if Jerry sais that he will implement the skin system it's ok with me

Miss the gallery , are you guys working on it :D

P.S. I'm not receiving e-mail notifications about the new posts in the threads I've wrote :unsure:

For your topic reply notifications, Unfortunately I cant set those up for you, but heres an easy way to do it:

visit this link to go to your profile (need to be logged in)

http://www.tackleund...ercp&tab=forums

Look for an area titled "View/Posting/Email Prefs"

Make sure both check-boxes are check-marked and the dropdown choice says "Immediate Email Notification"

That setting will best mimic the old setting you had on our previous forums.

Gallery will be back, I'm currently importing @ 6,000 photos. As it is, I have to manually add the authors name in each photo or they all appear to be submitted by me :o

Edited by redg8r
Added Gallery info