RayburnGuy

Pumpkin Color Paint

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find a paint that is as close to "pumpkin" as what Smith Wildlife Colors has on the link below. Their shipping costs seem wayyyyyyyy out of line to me. The shipping cost on a few bottles of paint was over $20. :o

thanks,

Rg

http://www.smithpaints.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=78

Looked and looked at TCP Global and haven't found the "pumpkin" color I'm looking for.

Hey Ben

If you mix: Red / Orange / Yellow , you can get the color your looking for, you will have to play around with it......Mike

So many colors and deviations. If you have Sand/Khaki you might want to try a touch of that with your orange/yellow mix. Also have you looked at a Yellow Ochre and say Sunrise Yellow or Canary Yellow and Orange mix? Yellow Ochre is a fabulous color by itself or for blending with transparents.

Now mind you I am color blind :oooh::oooh:

Edited by 76gator

I don't like the hassle of mixing custom colors but if there's one I know I'll use multiple times, I do a small bottle of it.

Remember that the original green pumpkin was a mistake, when watermelon and pumpkin were mixed together.

Apple Barrel mossy green, with dark brown added drop by drop, will get you close.

Pretty sure I'm through mixing colors. Ended up wasting about 4 oz. of paint yesterday.

I didn't even think to check the retailers for the wildlife colors or see what their shipping rates were. Thanks Clemmy, I'll give that a try.

RG