Matt Moreau

Trout Wakebait

the silicon making isn't hard... I reccomend that you do a 2 piece mold and have it set up so that all pieces are laid in (I'd use the search to find ways to do this). Be sure to put vent holes in the mold useing either cut nails or straws .

This is the tricky part... which is more or less guess and test. You have to know which direction to align your pieces so that air bubble don't get trapped and vent out.

As for the resin... everyone talks up featherlight and alumalite. In my own opinion, they both suck. They aren't as strong as I would like them to be (especially for swimbaits!) :twocents: If anyone has found a descent plastic that is comparable to the strength and durability of pvc I am all ears.

Edited by A-Mac

The bait looks great. Some suggestions on making a mold. I as posted in earlier threads I like one piece molds for the simple reason that if you should mess up one piece of a two piece mold with all the parts in one you messed up a whole lot of rtv. I suggest you start out with one piece and make a mold and it looks good . Make the next piece and so on. Also your master need to be good, real good. Your slots need to look as good as you would like them to be. Just remember if you cast a bad mold you will get a bad part forever. Take your time and make your master good. Good Luck.

Edited by Frank