I want to start building up my repair business. I am looking for a supplier for rod blanks. Who do you all use?

Huge list of vendors out there - Mudhole, Bingham, Anglers Workshop, etc...

If you are just needing scraps to do repairs, I'd suggest looking for broken rods at trash cans at the boat landing, salvation army/goodwill thrift stores, asking the guy at your local bait shop, etc. Buying blanks just for repairs gets expensive - fast.

You might even better to go to WalMart and buy $15 off the rack rods and cut them up. Cheapest blanks out there are in the $20 range and you'll have to add minimum $15 shipping to that.

Just a thought.

Misunderstood - you said repair business - so thought you needed blanks to do splices, etc.

I'd order a printed catalog from MudHole and check out their website. They have a very large selection and you can buy everything you need there to save on shipping. Some of the other vendors, you kinda need to know what you are looking for because their online catalogs aren't so good.

Edited by cidgrad

Anglers workshop Been using them for years (more than 10) cause of Great customer service and knowledge. Mud hole a close second but only cause a friend works there now and he has brought up there customer service alot. Ive had a repiar business for more than 10 yrs. Dont get rich but make a few extra bucks. Good luck in your new venture. Frank

I've had great service from Midwest, Mudhole, Swampland, Acidrod, Bingham and others. Check out rodbuilding dot org and down the left side there are lots of links to reliable suppliers. If you already have your required business license make sure you get set up as a comercial account so you can get applicable discounts.