21xdc

Minnow Net Material

OK, I have used many materials for painting scales. Tule, wedding veil in several sizes etc. I found some minnow net material in a large piece, Unfortunatly it was inside my boys swim suit. :lol:

Where can you buy this in bulk or by the yard? Someone sells it. What is the actual name of the material? I know how to google. :lol:

Mike

OK, I have used many materials for painting scales. Tule, wedding veil in several sizes etc. I found some minnow net material in a large piece, Unfortunatly it was inside my boys swim suit. :lol:

Where can you buy this in bulk or by the yard? Someone sells it. What is the actual name of the material? I know how to google. :lol:

Mike

Go to a sally ann or a second hand clothing stoe get a few bathing suits cheap.

benton b, I looked at some of your work in your gallery. Did you use the food tent do the scales on those? Those scales look great.

I've seen food tents mentioned before but didn't know how small the "holes" were or the size. The pics when googled don't show much.

OK, I looked it up... I see many different kinds. Not sure what one you use. Can you post a close up pic of the material and a bait you did with it? Pretty please? :lol:

I will try to remember to get a pic for you tonight. I'm 95% sure all the food tents are the same size netting. I ordered 2 of the med sized tents and it's a load of usable netting. I also wash the netting after approx 20-30 baits to keep like new.

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

100_9910.JPG

post-11547-12584708869_thumb.jpg

The wall mart store has at least two sizes of veil material in the cloth dept. It is very cheap and works well.

Rotorhead

Thats what I use... I'm looking for the minnow net material with circle holes that cover up more of the bait and let less paint through.

My local wally world stopped selling the netting or tule in the soft style all they carry is the stiffer stuff.I looked eveywhere and couldn't find any at craft stores or fabric stores,so I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and found a mosquito net for a cot.It is huge piece and seems to be the same size as the netting I had before.I haven't used it yet but looks like it will work good...Rob