Husky

I'm Looking For A Good Silver Color.

I have Silver Minnow which is mostly glitter flake but I was wondering if anyone has a good silver color. I was reheating it and sparks started flying, so it's a one and done color. I used silver crayons in the past but they're as rare as hens teeth. I found a source on line but was wondering if anyone has a quick source of a good silver.

TIA

I have Silver Minnow which is mostly glitter flake but I was wondering if anyone has a good silver color. I was reheating it and sparks started flying, so it's a one and done color. I used silver crayons in the past but they're as rare as hens teeth. I found a source on line but was wondering if anyone has a quick source of a good silver.

TIA

Mf has a color just called silver you can look at it on their site. Hope this helps

TIA

Best and closest silver I have ever seen is made with white pearl powder and a drop of black or very dark blue.

what I would do is heat plastic up first with pearl in it then add a small drop of black and stir it, keep on adding black till you find the exact shade your looking for.

I found this by accident a few years back, you can make chrome and black chrome realy easy as well, adding different shades of colors aslo gives off some really cool effects. just for silver and chrome you need to use black for best results

Delw

Best and closest silver I have ever seen is made with white pearl powder and a drop of black or very dark blue.

what I would do is heat plastic up first with pearl in it then add a small drop of black and stir it, keep on adding black till you find the exact shade your looking for.

I found this by accident a few years back, you can make chrome and black chrome realy easy as well, adding different shades of colors aslo gives off some really cool effects. just for silver and chrome you need to use black for best results

Delw

Thanks. That has to go into the cook book!

Do you know where I could get some?:)

I use LC silver minnow all the time with no sparks or issues in my mic.

Wonder why yours is sparking as even heavy silver flake doesn't seems to spark.

Maybe I am not using it as heavy.

M-F silver is nice!

Jim

Is it possible that they used a different glitter in it?

FWIW, It wasn't a casual sparking it was a "Holy Cow get that out of there!!!" kind of sparking.

Yep M-F makes a silver and silver pearl. I mix them 50/50, the silver pearl is actualy clear with a silver luster and the silver is a grey/silver color. Add a little bit Red M-F .015 glitter and you got a Bass slayer color. Pour it in a fluke for spawn time and you'll clean house.

I'll try making some up this weekend and post a pic.

Just my two Cents.

Nate J.

What does the drop of black or dark blue do? I have heard that too when you want a clear color. What am I missing???

jeff I am thinking it works due to the darker color hides all the garbage and tints. I dont know the word for it.

I know ob the pearl the darker color will give it a darker background making the pearl stand out more.

Is it possible that they used a different glitter in it?

FWIW' date=' It wasn't a casual sparking it was a "Holy Cow get that out of there!!!" kind of sparking.[/quote']

Husky

sparking is caused only by reflection, Polyester glitters will spark more than metal glitters as they are brighter and a more polished layer before the color is added to the flake. Big clumps of glitter will bounce the microwaves off each other,

jeff I am thinking it works due to the darker color hides all the garbage and tints. I dont know the word for it.

I know ob the pearl the darker color will give it a darker background making the pearl stand out more.

Husky

sparking is caused only by reflection, Polyester glitters will spark more than metal glitters as they are brighter and a more polished layer before the color is added to the flake. Big clumps of glitter will bounce the microwaves off each other,