spidergrub6

Heat Curing Createx

Hey Guys, I finally switched from the lacquer that I was using to createx. I'm pretty happy so far with it's performance and it's non-toxic properties compared to lacquer. I am concerned though with it's thoughness and adhesive power. I have noticed that the paint doesn't seem to cure all the way and seems tacky and gummy even after a long time. Also when I tryed to wipe off a mess up on one of my baits I found that the paint peeled off fairly easily from the base coat of white spray paint I use. Do you guys have this same issue? Just wondering if maybe you guys use a heat gun or hairdryer to harden the coats. Thanks for amy help!

Hey Guys, I finally switched from the lacquer that I was using to createx. I'm pretty happy so far with it's performance and it's non-toxic properties compared to lacquer. I am concerned though with it's thoughness and adhesive power. I have noticed that the paint doesn't seem to cure all the way and seems tacky and gummy even after a long time. Also when I tryed to wipe off a mess up on one of my baits I found that the paint peeled off fairly easily from the base coat of white spray paint I use. Do you guys have this same issue? Just wondering if maybe you guys use a heat gun or hairdryer to harden the coats. Thanks for amy help!

[/quote

I switched from lacquer to createx plus the cheap acrylic paints and haven't regreted it. I do use a hair dryer but mainly to dry quickly so I can apply other layers. I always wait 48 to 72 hrs. before applying my clear coat. This is because acrylic may feel dry but according to paint makers it takes longer to fully cure. I use 2 coats of clear coat and have no problems with paint coming off. Also no complaints from those I have sold baits too.

Wow, I just saw a post that one of the guys put up right after posting this question and it answered my question completely. It was the PDF file from Createx's website and had complete instructions on applying and curing the paint. I guess acrylics don't fully cure by airdrying and need a heat treatment to strengthen the bond. I guess I'll try using a blow dryer and see how that goes.