JLester

Cs Epoxy And Seal Coat

I haven't used CS but have slung lots of epoxy! Epoxy is a 'coating unto itself'. It doesn't react with coatings it covers and after curing, it doesn't react with coatings used over it. Most 'table top' (eg Etex) and rod epoxies (eg Flexcoat) are modified with solvent to flow out better or soak into what they're covering. If the CS has a thin consistency, it's solvent modified too. To get a slicker coating with good leveling, you probably want to apply a thicker coating or use multiple coats. To make it thicker, you might try giving a little rest after mixing so it will cure a little before you brush it on. Many Etex users do that. Or you can mix it with a thicker unmodified epoxy like Devcon Two Ton (careful here, you don't want to use a quick cure epoxy like Devcon 5 Minute that will turn brown!). Again, I've never used CS but if its like other brands, there's no reason to use a sealer between the paint and the epoxy.

[font="Comic Sans MS]Just got done with my first trial of epoxy for CS coating. Did not turn out as good and slick as D2T but alot thinner coat. Is there any tricks to putting CS epoxy on, are do I need to use their seal coat first?[/font]

I have used both the 2 part epoxy and the water based expoxy from CS coatings and was not pleased with the final product. It WILL NOT give you a hard finish that most of us are wanting after hours of perfecting our lures the way we want them. I switched to devcon 2 ton after I made only one lure. I have both of them sitting on the shelf now. I use the paints from CS just because I didnt know any better. Bought some createx paint but didnt not have any luck spraying onto the epoxy. Best advice I can give is use devcon, e-tex or Dick nite.. these are proven products that works.

I have used both the 2 part epoxy and the water based expoxy from CS coatings and was not pleased with the final product. It WILL NOT give you a hard finish that most of us are wanting after hours of perfecting our lures the way we want them. I switched to devcon 2 ton after I made only one lure. I have both of them sitting on the shelf now. I use the paints from CS just because I didnt know any better. Bought some createx paint but didnt not have any luck spraying onto the epoxy. Best advice I can give is use devcon, e-tex or Dick nite.. these are proven products that works.

Yes,

I've aready gone back to D2T. I've gotten fairly good at brushing it on. I was just looking for something more user friendly. Done two lures and was not happy at all. Just wasted money on the other stuff, That"s live and learn LOL. Waiting for DN to come back out, the way everybody talks, it might be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the help TU.