JoeyDaGreat

Need Help Good Airbrush?

HI im very new to this forum but have been fishing for 15 years and am now thinking about getting into airbrushing my lures..

i fish saltwater & freshwater and have alot of beat up lures & plugs and would love to repaint them..ive been looking for a good airbrush kit but the only problem is i dont know what makes a airbrush good??? im very lost and would love if yous could please point me to a good brand of airbrushs im looking for a whole set up and dont want to spend over $200 Thanks Joey

The main makes of airbrush discussed on TU are iwata, paasche, PS900 and badger. A search on any of these words will give you a ton of opinions, as everyone has one, lol.

You will also need a compressor and a moisture trap. Again, search these words (put "moisture trap" in quotes like this for better search results).

If you go advanced search, click the titles only box and search for airbrush, you will find similar threads to your own, looking for advice.

This wealth of reading knowledge should make you an expert on the subject in no time.

Welcome to TU.

Dave

I have only been in TU afew days, but have had a few different brushes.Vodkaman is correct- do the searches so you know.If you plan on using water based paint Iwata has a plastic brush with multiple tips that is pretty good. Paasche,Badger and the rest all have excellent brushes. For price and ease of use I now use the Badger Anthem, cost a little more than a Badger 150 but a lot better brush.Also look into a pressure gauge that can be set and function at 10 to 12 p s i . Have fun, the learning curve hasn't even started yet.

From what I have seen and read so far in T U there is a vast amount of help and advice.Pretty cool site!

Rick

call me crazy but i have had great luck with Aztec brand airbrush . I use cretex paints and its a great system for me . The only problom is they are hard to find .

I really like my Iwata...that being said, I've always been curious about the Aztecs. I've surfed a lot of opinions on them, and the reviews are mixed---Some would use nothing else, and others, anything but. As far as TU goes, there has been very little input concerning Aztec brushes, so I'm glad just to hear an opinion!

What features do you especially like about your Aztec?