bug11

Lead Melting Pot

As you can tell I'm a newbie, I just started pouring my own jigs. I really can't complain about how they are turning out. Most are good but still get a bad one every now and then. My main reason for this post is clean up. I need some advice on how to clean the lee melting pot. Should I leave the unused lead in the pot or pour it out into something (small cast iron skillet) for storage? Any comments would be helpful.

I leave it in the pot .. Fact is before I shut it down I make sure it is full. Part of the instructions on the Old SACO pots was to do this.

Others may do different.

Hope this helps

JSC

I leave mine in the pot. Most of the time I add a little lead back as I shut down but not always. A couple of times per year I take all the lead out and clean the pot out.

I leave mine in the pot. Most of the time I add a little lead back as I shut down but not always. A couple of times per year I take all the lead out and clean the pot out.

I leave the lead in mine also, the fuller you leave it the less nasty stuff that gets down to the bottom of the pot.

Claen mine when it starts getting the "DRIPS", about ywice a year.

Paul