Net Man

Looking For A Good Craw Color And Pattern

Most living crawdads are shades of brown. The thing that really gets a craw pattern popping is the accent color, which should match that of craws in the area where it is fished. Bright orange, yellow, red and blue are typical crawdad specie color accents. Google crayfish species in your state and you will often get a university study with pics. That's a good source for choosing colors that the bass in your area will gobble like candy.

Hey Kris , someone from TU sent me my eyes , theres a ad called (Lisa & Ed's Eyes and More) listed here in TU , they sell the same type eyes Im using , different colors as well. The eyes have a stem , I cut the stem in half , drill a hole where the eyes would go , make sure the eyes will fit , paint the bait , then glue the eyes in last , clear coat the bait which seals the eyes in.

Mike

Netman, I see you're in western N.C. Going through the crayfish species listed for western NC, almost all the species there are basic medium brown in color, with Carolina Blue accents. I've seen them like that around Boone N.C. I think a blue belly, medium brown sides, dark brown back with some blue specks would be a good color combo. I'd use black to outline suggestions of the body segments.

Netman did you air brush in the lines for the crawdad? or is it a stencil?

looks very good

I used a stencil. It is much easier. Some times I go back over the stencil line and shade them free hand. Using a stencil is a great way IMO. It is easy to get the same pattern on both sides of the bait.

Net Man, This is one of my most popular colors for a craw pattern. I have sold this color all over the country and had nothing but great reviews. Hope this helps you........Oscar

100_4942.jpg

IMO the thing that really sets this bait appart from all the other craw schemed baits is the eyes. the way they bulge out the head like an actual craws would.

Oscar where in the world did u get the eyes from????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.

If your reading it in English, thank a Veteran!