Thad

Companies That Make Custom Bills?

Thad, it's going to be about the money when you get a price quote and minimum number of bills you will have to purchase. This has been talked about in the past and I don't remember anybody finding a cost effective solution to the problem.

Well, what is the plastic that people like Norman and Strike King use to make their bills/crankbaits?

Edited by Thad

What kind of bill do you want? If a little money is not a problem, any decent SIGN shop will laser cut flat sheet lexan or any other flat plastic for you. There is one that is close to me that will even form curves. Etched? No problemo.

"Trotec lasers are widely used for cutting acrylic material, but can also process other plastics such as polycarbonate, polypropylene and polyethylene"

/bing

Edited by miragestalker

Thad, it's going to be about the money when you get a price quote and minimum number of bills you will have to purchase. This has been talked about in the past and I don't remember anybody finding a cost effective solution to the problem.

I have a solution :lol:

Yes , a friend of mine tryied it and if you go for a great number of lures you might have a chance this way, I'll try to explain but I don't have pictures unfortunatelly. Prepare to consume one of your lurebuilding days for cutting lips :lol:

You need the folowing materials (a little bit dangerous):

- a prototype lip

- metal board cuting scissors

- metal board 1mm thick - long enough to cover the lip overall lenght and 5-7 mm height

- a dremel

- welding gun

- a piece of metal with a hole in for welding the metal board

Now you wrap the metal board around the lip (carefull not to cut your fingers)

Next you bond the ends together using the welding gun

Next you weld the board form on the metal piece, center the hole because you will use it to get the lexan lip out

Next sharp the edges of the metal board with the dremel or other methods you can think about for the board to easy cut the lexan

Now you can either use a hammer or a vice to press the metal "mold" into lexan

This should do it :lol:

Tried to make an example in paint

the metal board has a 5 mm height for NOT bending under pressure, carefull at those sharp edges

also bonding the ends of the board is optional, as you can see in the pic :)

lexan lip former.JPG

if you don't weld the ends of the metal board then you don't need the evacuation hole ;)

lexan lip former.JPG

lexan lip former.JPG

lexan lip former.JPG

lexan lip former.JPG

lexan lip former.JPG

lexan lip former.JPG

lexan lip former.JPG

post-14386-125966822575_thumb.jpg

Edited by pikeman