Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bronzeback3

Paints

6 posts in this topic

I also didn't know what the best type or brand of paint to use. any help would be greatly appriceated. Thank you. Mike

Edited by Bronzeback3

I use Pro-tec, don't know if it is the best, it is just more available to me. I did notice that some colors (pink, red, and baby bass) clump a lot more and are more heat intolerant. Maybe it is just the way I heat the heads, but the pink is the hardest for me to get a good "dip". Good luck!

If you're airbrushing, most guys use water based acrylic latex airbrush paint. I don't have a favorite brand, it just depends on the color I'm looking for, but Createx brand is sold the most widely.

Do you thin createx? Thats what I use now but I dont thin it at all. I just spray and go. I does dry in the air brush after a few min.

If you're airbrushing, most guys use water based acrylic latex airbrush paint. I don't have a favorite brand, it just depends on the color I'm looking for, but Createx brand is sold the most widely.

If you're shooting fine lines or small details at very low pressure, thinning might be required to get the spray pattern you want. But mostly I shoot it straight.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try them out. Mike

If you're shooting fine lines or small details at very low pressure, thinning might be required to get the spray pattern you want. But mostly I shoot it straight.