RayburnGuy

Air Fittings For Airbrush/compressor

The threads on my regulator and airbrushes are all metric (British Pipe Threads) and the threads on the quick connects for my new compressor are NPT. (National Pipe Thread) Does anyone know where I can find an adapter that will allow me to hook up my NPT quick connects to the metric threads on my regulator? I've tried everything locally and haven't found anything.

thanks guys,

Ben

The threads on my regulator and airbrushes are all metric (British Pipe Threads) and the threads on the quick connects for my new compressor are NPT. (National Pipe Thread) Does anyone know where I can find an adapter that will allow me to hook up my NPT quick connects to the metric threads on my regulator? I've tried everything locally and haven't found anything.

thanks guys,

Ben

My local dealer has a great selection of stuff. I don't know what you need but here is his hose and fittings page. Scroll completely as the fitting are all over the page. I see a few stuff labeled NPT to NOS to Quick Male to Quick Female etc etc. They are under the title AMFLO. I am in Los Angeles, he is in San Diego, but I get my stuff next day :) Good luck!

Hose and Fittings

Edited by miragestalker

I called TCP as that was where I ordered the brush and compressor kit from. They told me all their stuff was metric. (British Standard Pipe Thread) The literature that came with the compressor even states these are metric threads. He told me they have nothing that will convert BPT to NPT. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it?

I've gotten a bit of a "schooling" on different pipe threads in the last few days. Apparently the regulator that came with the airbrush kit was from overseas and was packaged in the kit by TCP. The regulator uses BSP threads. I confirmed this through a TCP technician. This is where it got confusing to me. BSP threads are a straight thread and sized in Imperial nomenclature the same as NPT threads. !/8".......1/4".........3/8" and so on. It is not considered a "metric" thread. The BSPT thread is a tapered thread like the NPT, but is sized differently. The difference in the BSP and NPT threads is in the degree of pitch the threads are cut on and the fact that the NPT thread is tapered and the BSP is not. I have found a supplier that has an adapter that converts BSP to NPT so here's hoping this problem is finally solved. If nothing else, maybe this will save someone some trouble down the road.

Ben