cubswillwin

Air Brush Won't Work Badger 150

have a badger 150 that was given to me. Thought I'd play with it, picked up a can of propel to just play with before breaking out the air compressor. Can't get any air to flow though the gun. Read through the badger pdf for instructions, and looks like it is assembled correctly. Long need though won't come out of the gun, so assuming there is something I'm missing holding it in place or it just doesn't come out. Badgers pdf isn't really clear.

Tried using it before ever messing with taking anything apart of course, not I'm frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have airbrush cleaning solution, soak it in that overnight. It's formulated to soften and dissolve acrylic paint. If not, try some dish soap in warm water. If still stuck, let it soak in denatured alcohol for a day or two. What's best depends on the kind of paint used by the last owner. If it was lacquer or enamel, you might have to go with a more volatile solvent like lacquer thinner. But with a little patience, you can dissolve what's in there and get it running again. An airbrush cleaning brush will help get out any remaining paint particles.

Air on this model has nothing to do with the needle. Sounds like two differrant problems. The air comes from the part where the air line is hooked up. That is the air valve these can go bad just buy a new one to solve that one. If you want to ck this out unscrew it at the knurles and make sure the trigger is in contact with the valve if not correct it buy reinstalling it right, The trigger not the valve. As for the needle stuck like Bob said soak in solvent to loosen up the dry paint. I would just go strait to the laquer thinner. Put it in with the air brush upside down and the needle pointing slightly down so the solvent will stay where the needle seats . Un screw the needle cover on the back then loosen the nut that the needle is in and try and pull the needle out as straight as you can. If it does not budge put more solvent in the fluid passage. This happens often if they do not get cleaned right. Once you get the needle out clean the needle to the point it is almost polished. Clean out the fliud passage well also. To do this right you will need to remove the cap on the front of the gun, not the small one the one with the flats on it in front of the knurles. Do this after you get the needle out so you dont bend the needle. The air cap is in front of the part with the flats you can remove this also and clean it up. Make sure all the holes are clear. Hope this helps post your progress. It is a good brush you will like it.

Got it working and the needle out. Turned out the valve for the can wasn't getting in far enough. Had a washer in the lid top that is too thick, without it works ok with very little leakage. Probably just buy a new can top, or just switch over to the air compressor to play with. Ran some cleaner through after cleaning up the needle, and got some nice green dissolved paint. Got it running clear now, figure I'll run some more cleaner through it again later today if any more old paint dissolves.

Next question is how far does the needle come out of the end of the gun in a ideal world?

On the tip end it will be about an 1/8" or so. When you put the needle back in push it till you feel a little resistance then tighten the nut. Do not push to far in so the needle might split the fluid seat. I have some that stick out farther than others so length varies a little bit. I would still tear it down and clean out the fluid passage because some paint will not disolve in solvent. It might let loose but it wont go away. You will know this when you paint white and get small spits of GREEN. Have Fun with it.