miragestalker

Zar Uitra Max Polyu Clear Coat....

Found this at my local B&B Hardware. I will be buying some soon as they get gloss in. Looks promising.

Maybe some of you experts can check out the MSDS and brochure to see if its up to snuff.

ZAR Ultra Max

"ULTRA Max is an environmentally safe, revolutionary

dual drying polyurethane. It dries by coalescing &

oxygen cross-linking for a harder “through cure.”"

Right now, Ive been working with a lesser ZAR polyurethane that I already had as a sealer and ETEX for the final clear coat. I might try this stuff a the sealer and final clear coat. I used a nail to scratch the coated sample they had on the hardware shelf and I had a hard time scratching it.

/bing

Edited by miragestalker

Hey Bing,

Do you know if it's waterproof?

Good question. I didnt bother to check as I have never seen a polyurethane clear coat that wasnt. The usual literature on water based polyurethane floors coatings Ive read recommend soap and water for cleaning.

But I will before I make a purchase.

Another interesting note, this stuff is not billed as "water based" but "water borne"

I also found some pro grade polyU for bowling alleys :) I didn't to mess with it as it has a higher level of cautionary literature :(

Thanks!

Edited by miragestalker

Found this at my local B&B Hardware. I will be buying some soon as they get gloss in. Looks promising.

Maybe some of you experts can check out the MSDS and brochure to see if its up to snuff.

ZAR Ultra Max

"ULTRA Max is an environmentally safe, revolutionary

dual drying polyurethane. It dries by coalescing &

oxygen cross-linking for a harder “through cure.”"

Right now, Ive been working with a lesser ZAR polyurethane that I already had as a sealer and ETEX for the final clear coat. I might try this stuff a the sealer and final clear coat. I used a nail to scratch the coated sample they had on the hardware shelf and I had a hard time scratching it.

/bing

Info link at the bottom of the page says it has natural ambering characteristics which I belive means it will yellow.