edw

Dipping Long Tubes

I would like to make large tubes like the tiger tube that are probably 8" long. i can't think of a pot or heating system that would work. I would think something in the order of 12" deep and 6" inches in diameter would be great.. Any ideas?

Edited by edw

I would like to make large tubes like the tiger tube that are probably 8" long. i can't think of a pot or heating system that would work. I would think something in the order of 12" deep and 6" inches in diameter would be great.. Any ideas?

I've been playing with the same thing .......... I made horizontal dipping rods and have tried a few so far and it works ......... Bojon is the expert on horizontal dipping ..... get his DVD

Im working on a lead pot now thats all stainless and the reservoir is a tad over 2" id and 12.5" deep. Powered by a band heater around the outside. If you can dream it up it can be made. I still have to make the nozzle/pintle valve so it will be bottom pour. By my guesstimate it should be a 20# capacity lead pot.

YOu could probably easily do what you want by welding a stable base to a piece of pipe and sitting it on a hot plate. Just heat your plastic in the microwave and pour it in and your problems should be minimal.