Net Man

Foiling Issues

I tried gold leafing with the same results. It takes a fine touch or you end up with a mess. Instead of leafing, I went to adhesive foil. There are various brands but this one is easy to use and gives very nice results: http://www.sunshineglass.com/rcol/i-proj/mosaic-access-vent.htm One reservation - the Venture Brite-Bak gold is more a brass color than shiny gold.

I don't know what to tell you about leafing except let the adhesive dry and patch up the bad spots with additional leaf. You can convert silver foil to gold with a light coat of transparent yellow acrylic paint sprayed through your airbrush.

I have seen a few nice leafed baits here on TU - the prettiest use multicolored pieces of gold/green/blue leaf IMO.

I tried gold leafing with the same results. It takes a fine touch or you end up with a mess. Instead of leafing, I went to adhesive foil. There are various brands but this one is easy to use and gives very nice results: http://www.sunshineglass.com/rcol/i-proj/mosaic-access-vent.htm One reservation - the Venture Brite-Bak gold is more a brass color than shiny gold.

I don't know what to tell you about leafing except let the adhesive dry and patch up the bad spots with additional leaf. You can convert silver foil to gold with a light coat of transparent yellow acrylic paint sprayed through your airbrush.

I have seen a few nice leafed baits here on TU - the prettiest use multicolored pieces of gold/green/blue leaf IMO.

Where do they get the multi colored foil? I like to looks of foil baits and would love to be able to do it. I will try some of the adhesive stuff. Thanks

Go to your local candy making supply and buy some gold candy foil. On the way home stop by Wally World and get some waterproof permanent stick glue. Apply the glue to the back of the foil and your bait. Apply foil and burnish with a dowel rod or something similar. Then rub over it with a knurled piece of metal, maybe a ratchet handle. Apply 2T and TA DA. Good luck.

Tony

Edited by Tony Maxwell

You can find gold leaf along with silver, copper, etc., at TCPGlobal.com and coast.com. they also carry the material need to glue it on. pricey and sounds complicated.

If you look at michaels, you can find goldleaf cheaper I am sure. The leaf at tcpglobal is designed for paint and bike applications most likely, and will probably be more expensive.

If you can read this, think a Teacher.

If your reading it in English, think a Veteran!