u63405

HELP!!! Where to buy Lexan and S.S. .060" wire

spent my friday evening and most of saturday going from Home Depot to Ace to Menards, looking for the lexan and some stainless steel .060" wire with no luck :pissed: Most of the sales people never heard of lexan or send me to the windows section where the acrylic is at. Can someone please tell me where I can buy this stuff at or a website! Thanks for the help.

Look up Diamond wire spring co. on the internet. The toll free number is 800-424-0500. This is where I get my stainless wire. I just got a 5lb roll of .072 for large musky lures. As far as the Lexan goes, check the yellow pages under plastics. This is how I found a local dealer. Hope this helps. Jim

I also bought my Lexan at Home Depot today. As a Matter of fact I'll do you one better.... Im gonna give you the item number from my register receipt and you go to the Customer Service and they will pull it up on the computer to find out IF they have it... or WHERE you can get it.... or the CLOSEST Home Depot that has it! The Lexan at my Home Depot was mixed in with the Plexiglas, but the stickers above the display and on the Merchandise said LEXAN.... so I knew I found it! It cant get any easier than that! Here is the number......

its a 12 X 24 sheet of Lexan and .093 thick.

That sheet was also $8.45

Hope that helps.

If you are looking for the 1/16th thick lexan Home Depot does not carry it. They only carry the 1/8th .093 thickness. I ordered my Lexan through www.usplastics.com THey were very fast and priced reasonably. My experience from the Glass shops were you had to buy a full sheet and most places didn't carry lexan but could order it. Glass shops don't use the 1/16th inch lexan much or very rarely as I was told.

T Mike

I wandered into our local Glass and Mirror shop. After striking up some conversation, I walked out with enough Lexan scrap to make about 75 lips. I gave the fellow a couple bucks, which he was happy with. He also said he'd set scrap aside for me. All I have to do was check back every now and then. I'll give him a lure (with a Lexan lip) the next time I visit.