MuskyGary

Another Rtv Question

Is it possible to mode the lip into your clay model and thus make your lip out of RTV with the lure body? Will a RTV lip hold up as well as a lexan lip? Or should I make my RTV modes without the lips and cut the body and put in a lexan lip like we do with a wood lure? :rolleyes:

A lip can be built into the mold BUT, it will need to be reenforced or it will break off the casting easily.

2bomber.jpg

1bomber.jpg

Husky,

How did you manage to place the wire for the eyes in the mold? My guess is that you use an 1 part mold for foam. I did some molds with the prototype having the eyes on it but somehow never got good results in placing the wire correctly inside the mold, 3 out of 10 got bad results with the eyes placed wrong, I think I might have moved the wire inside the mold while I was pouring the foam.

Now I managed to do a top class mold with a thru wire chanel and a hole on the belly, also carved details and a hole in the mouth for the lip to place in, it looks great, I can't wait to see how the pouring will turn out since the mold is filled with all these tricks :unsure:

Husky,

How did you manage to place the wire for the eyes in the mold? My guess is that you use an 1 part mold for foam. I did some molds with the prototype having the eyes on it but somehow never got good results in placing the wire correctly inside the mold, 3 out of 10 got bad results with the eyes placed wrong, I think I might have moved the wire inside the mold while I was pouring the foam.

Now I managed to do a top class mold with a thru wire chanel and a hole on the belly, also carved details and a hole in the mouth for the lip to place in, it looks great, I can't wait to see how the pouring will turn out since the mold is filled with all these tricks :unsure:

That Bomber Type was made from 16lb foam in a 2 part Bondo mold. All eyes and hangers thru wired and are from one ss harness.

I make my molds with metal place holders (nails) for the harness, built in so the harness is locked in place.

DSCF0001-5.jpg

DSCF0003-3.jpg