Nathan

Jitterbug Bib Angel

@ Nathan

I have made a few ,..... guess , one or two are amongst my gallery uploads in here !

I have always tried to make the lip plane under an accurate angle of 45° refering to the lengthwise center axis of the lure blank .

Wasn't that easy to do on spindle-shaped , lathe-turned blanks , but I've also made "Jitterbug"-style lures with a rather rectangular cross-section and body shape , so I could use the lures belly outline as a reference for accurate marking and cutting the 45° head plane .

The lures work pretty well this way ,........ I remember before making my first lure like that years ago , I had used a commercial "Heddon" as an example .

I have tried lips out of stainless steel and aluminium ,...... the steel ones are too heavy for my taste , letting the lures float up head down sometimes(depends on body shape as well).

But probably these heavier lips are designed to shoulder into the water better , thus generate more noise , ......I don't know , ......I'd stick to aluminium .

good luck , diemai :yay:

Diemai,

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it..Nathan

@ Nathan

I have made a few ,..... guess , one or two are amongst my gallery uploads in here !

I have always tried to make the lip plane under an accurate angle of 45° refering to the lengthwise center axis of the lure blank .

Wasn't that easy to do on spindle-shaped , lathe-turned blanks , but I've also made "Jitterbug"-style lures with a rather rectangular cross-section and body shape , so I could use the lures belly outline as a reference for accurate marking and cutting the 45° head plane .

The lures work pretty well this way ,........ I remember before making my first lure like that years ago , I had used a commercial "Heddon" as an example .

I have tried lips out of stainless steel and aluminium ,...... the steel ones are too heavy for my taste , letting the lures float up head down sometimes(depends on body shape as well).

But probably these heavier lips are designed to shoulder into the water better , thus generate more noise , ......I don't know , ......I'd stick to aluminium .

good luck , diemai :yay: