Mags

Flw Stren Series Championship Crank - Pickwick

Did anyone recognize the small crank that Jonathon Newton was throwing at the Stren Series Championship at Pickwick? The tourney was on FLW Outdoors last weekend. It was a small foiled flatsided crank, but I wasn't able to ID it. It looked like possibly a Wee Bait. He was throwing it on a spinning rod. It was a cool little crank and the fish sure seemed to like it.

Edited by Mags

Did anyone recognize the small crank that Jonathon Newton was throwing at the Stren Series Championship at Pickwick? The tourney was on FLW Outdoors last weekend. It was a small foiled flatsided crank, but I wasn't able to ID it. It looked like possibly a Wee Bait. He was throwing it on a spinning rod. It was a cool little crank and the fish sure seemed to like it.

Dont know the brand and didnt see it, however my dad carved me a small sized flatside crank that I am gonna test!

Mags

Yea I had my eye on it too... I have lots of Wee Baits and I thought it could have been one

but did you notice the Kill Dot location ? Never saw Wee Baits with one in that position , but

they could have painted them Special .. If you find out , let me know

Mags - Do you throw Wee Baits ?

Boone

Mags

Yea I had my eye on it too... I have lots of Wee Baits and I thought it could have been one

but did you notice the Kill Dot location ? Never saw Wee Baits with one in that position , but

they could have painted them Special .. If you find out , let me know

Mags - Do you throw Wee Baits ?

Boone

Yes, it was a cool little bait. I have seen that bait before, but I can't put my finger on it. It actually may have been Ott Defoe who was throwing it. There is nothing about the crank on the FLW page. He was throwing it in little current breaks. No, I don't have any Wee Baits. I have a few D-baits, but I don't throw them that much. I don't throw many cranks on a spinning rod like the Tennessee guys do a lot. I need to break out the spinning rod cranking stick and the flat sides more often. It looks like it works pretty well.

Where do you buy your Wee baits? I wouldn't mind having a few foiled ones.

The crank shown on FLW was one that I built... you can also see the crank in the November 09 issue of Great Days Outdoors...

Sweet little bait. The kill spot on your avatar is a give away. I wasn't able to pull up the November issue of the magazine. Please email me when you get a chance.

Steve