cwenbass

Epoxying Plastic

I have a crankbait I wish to take the BB's out of. It is a clear colored crankbait where I can see the BB's/ I want to keep the balls used as weights and remove the BB;s that are used as rattles. After I drill into the lure and remove the BB's, is there a good/clear epoxy I can use to seal up the hole? What else must i do to the lure after that?

I have a crankbait I wish to take the BB's out of. It is a clear colored crankbait where I can see the BB's/ I want to keep the balls used as weights and remove the BB;s that are used as rattles. After I drill into the lure and remove the BB's, is there a good/clear epoxy I can use to seal up the hole? What else must i do to the lure after that?

An epoxy putty would work really well for this project.........you can buy it at Lowes or Home Depot.

RM

An epoxy putty would work really well for this project.........you can buy it at Lowes or Home Depot.

RM

Devcon 2 Ton Epoxy? But, that's a guess. That stuffs incredible for most tasks.

-

To silnce cranks, I always just drill a super tiny hole, and inject super glue into the bait, to retain the original weight of the lure; but silence the rattles. Then I take a toothpick, stick it in the hole you drilled, and break it off flush with the bait. Then you can take some super glue and cover the hole.

-

Without the toohpick to wick up the adhesive, It won't keep the hole covered, an air bubble will appear right at the hole. cool.gif