Fish Bone Custom Lures

Airbrushes?

Just a quick ? Wife gave me my new toys for christmas and just wondering if I need both? One is a Iwata eclipse hp bcs and a Iwata eclipse hp-cs. Just getting set up. Have been lurking around soaking up all the info. Thanks guys this site is great info for the beginner. Also thinking of taking that eclipse hp bcs back to the store and getting another hp-cs? thanks again

I like to have 2 airbrushes on hand, one with a tip in the .3 - .35 mm range and one with a .2 mm tip. Large tip for color basecoating, overall color, and thicker flake paints, and the smaller tip brush for fine shading and details. I think the Eclipse usually has a .35 mm tip? Tip size and type of airbrush becomes a "personal thing" to most guys - a particular tip size and brush fits one guy's painting habits better than another and it takes a little time to learn what suits you. Sort of like fitting a gun stock to the shooter. I do think most users like gravity feed brushes better than siphon feed after they try them. They shoot paint easier, don't waste paint, and are faster to clean for the next shot. You're a lucky man if your wife stepped up and got you what is IMO the best brand airbrush first time out!